London Called

Yesterday, or actually this morning I returned from a week-long trip to London with my girlfriend. This was part of my summer holiday so nothing KARMIA related here really. Though I wouldn't mind to return with the band to play in London!

Of course we checked out places like Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, London Zoo, Camden Town etc.



A photo posted by Ana KARMIA (@anakarmia) on

I don't go much to opera or theatre but she really likes it and is a trained make-up artist and hairdresser. So I randomly checked if there were any cheap tickets and it turned out that someone of the main character performers for La Traviata for that night wasn't able to perform or something, so we got good seats for only £30. Though I had to go and buy a blazer, since in Finland it's not cool to go to opera in a "wind suit", but apparently in London it is since half of the people wore sweatpants and stuff like that. What the hell? But the performance was excellent and they all sounded amazing, especially the leading lady Marina Rebeka.

I have only been to the Finnish National Opera before, which is a very modern new building and equipped with super cool set changing mechanics that just lifts the sets up and down from underground. So I was surprised how small The Royal Opera was.

A photo posted by Ana KARMIA (@anakarmia) on

There are lots of free museums in London like the Natural History Museum where we saw some cool dinosaur fossils. It also had the longest lines to get in. And The British Museum was just a couple of blocks from our hotel and they had some cool Egyptian and Asian relics. But I've been to the pyramids in Cairo before. And then there was this one creepy museum that had no lines, called Hunterian Museum. There were dissected animal and human parts in jars. Apparently medicine students visit there a lot.

A photo posted by Ana KARMIA (@anakarmia) on

I didn't do that much shopping, but we randomly stumbled in a leather jacket store and since my faux leather jacket is crumbling into pieces and one already perished completely, I got a new jacket. I don't normally wear dead animals. But on the other hand if we are eating animals I think all the parts of the animal should be used. And I'm no vegetarian, but I want to try... Since it was a Turkish (I presume) store the price of the jacket dropped £100 in about 5 minutes after I suited it on an put back on the rack and made some moves to leave the store and such. So I got it pretty cheap for a real leather jacket.

A photo posted by Ana KARMIA (@anakarmia) on .

I started reading Arnold Schwarzenegger's biography on the trip. I may not agree with everything, but what a crazy awesome character and hard working guy! I had no idea how he conducted all sorts business' and sold the movies. I grew up watching his action and comedy films.

A photo posted by Ana KARMIA (@anakarmia) on

Time to start planning for the next trip to somewhere else in Europe! Maybe Amsterdam, Paris, Venice? Though really I want to go back NYC or see California.

A photo posted by Ana KARMIA (@anakarmia) on

Comments

Popular Posts