NYC & X Japan at Madison Square Garden

We are....? X!


Whooh! I went to New York with my girlfriend to see X Japan perform at MSG last saturday. 
I think it's monday now back here in Finland, right? I'm trying really hard to stay awake to beat the jet lag.

Loading
#xjapan #xjapanmsg

I found about X a few years after they broke up and fell in love with the songs but never thought I'd see them live. It was early 2000's so internet was getting big and their songs and concert videos spread throughout the world. Then they re-united around 2007 and I actually booked flights to the Paris show they announced and then cancelled. Later they actually came to Europe but I wasn't able to go that time. Besides X being my all time favorite band I have also always wanted to see New York so this was perfect timing. Expensive as fuck but totally worth it.

Loading
We are in #NYC about to rock #MadisonSquareGarden !! #XjapanMSG Come see us!! 10/11 ome

Loading
#xjapanmsg #xjapan #nyc

We arrived on Wednesday evening and spent the following few days checking out some of the New York main attractions like Empire State Building, Central Park (& Zoo), The Grand Central Terminal, Brooklyn Bridge, 30 Rock, Times Square and such. We took the Ferry to see the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty of course. I wanted to go to Harlem too but time run out. Our hotel was in Chinatown so we pretty much walked everywhere. I found out there was a re-creation pop-up cafe of the TV-Show Friends' Central Perk a few blocks away from our hotel. I walked by a bunch of times but the line there was around the block and then a few more... It's my favorite sitcom, but I was just happy to go to see the street corner and building in West Village where they were supposed to be living.

Loading
I tried but Mr. Bing wasn't home. And no monkey on the loose neither :( #friends #westvillage

Loading
I met some #gay friends of mine #manhattan #spiderman mario

Aaaand then the concert. I was probably more excited and nervous about that than any of our own shows, when I'm all bat shit because I have to play in front of actual living people. I have seen probably most of X's concert videos, so I pretty much knew what was going to happen and when. It all went down like on Tokyo Dome shows, probably just little less waiting between breaks and such. We had pretty good seats on Pata's side and saw everything really well. Though from my phone pics it looks like we were a million miles away. I was really happy they sold tickets so well. It wasn't full but there was a lot of people. From all the ethnic groups and ages, which is the beautiful thing with X. I can't really describe it but you know how X Japan performs! If you don't you really should. 

While waiting to get inside I heard someone speaking in Finnish and we met two guys from Finland! That was so random. Were any other Finns there too?

I bought an X MSG t-shirt and X Japan glow sticks and waved them and made X signs like crazy like you do in X Japan concert. There were some cool hide cosplayers too. Sugizo threw water bottles really far, I saw one flew right out the arena's side door. And Yoshiki stage dived of course! Toshi's voice probably in the best condition ever, he sounded perfect.

To sum it up: FUXXING AWESOME!

Loading
What's that? Just #Yoshiki driving his drumset on #MadisonSquareGarden #xjapanmsg #normipäivä

Loading
#xjapanmsg #yoshiki waiting the concert to start!

Comments

Popular Posts