9 days in Tokyo

Konnichiwa hisashiburi! (^-^*)/ Or something, I don't know Japanese. Anyways I took a trip to Tokyo with my girlfriend and just got back yesterday, feeling still a bit jetlagged as I’m writing this on Sunday. Though it was much worse going there… The flight departed at 5pm from Finland and landed at 9am local time, I think I was up for 30+ hours. Our hotel was located somewhere between the Imperial Palace and Tokyo Dome, a nice peaceful area not too far from anything with Tokyo’s awesome public transportation.

We did shopping sprees at Harajuku:



Yes that's a condom shop, a very popular one I was told...


And Shibuya:


Well okay, she did most of the shopping. The 109 seems to be the place to do that. Though I did find some cool but freaking expensive jeans at 109 Men's for myself.

The cosplay thing at Harajuku bridge is dead I guess, so the other tourists stopped my gf to take photos of her all the time.

We met with Kairu in Harajuku and he did some amazing tour guiding for us.




We didn't know it in advance but the short lasting rain season started just as we arrived, so it rained a few days straight. We were actually really happy about the rain as neither of us likes very hot weather. The few days the sun was shining it was hot as hell, especially the day we went to Disneyland. I thought I would melt down into a small Finnish puddle.





Even though it was hot the Tokyo Disneyland was pretty cool!

Oh and did I mention the humidity? Apparently in Japan you need an air drying device to keep your guitar in shape. You know, moisture and wooden instruments... It felt like coming out of the shower all the time. Well maybe it isn't that bad when it's not raining all the time... :D Anyways they should get Flaxwood guitars there as they don't react much with humidity/temperature changes.

With Kairu's guidance we visited ESP store in Shibuya and found these amazing Sugizo's weapons.

 ehkä söpö... This is Finnish for "Maybe cute". What it did there in Harajuku, I do not know.

People say Tokyo is really expensive, but at least eating there was really cheap comparing to Finland. They also sell these home cooked looking meals at markets too, I hope we had those here. And hey! You can buy whiskey at Seven-Eleven!

I really enjoyed the trip and Tokyo but back at home I'm pretty happy my elevator doesn't speak or the toilet greet when going to bathroom :D


And because no post of Japan is complete without tentacles, here you go:


Comments

Popular Posts