KARMIA @ Tracon 8


Photo by Ronja Vähätiitto

Uh oh, my first blog post ever, awkward. Maybe a quick introduction to begin with? Hello! My name is Ana and I play lead guitar in a visual rock band called KARMIA. We are from fucking Finland! As our Facebook page says. I'll be posting random crap about my life in the band and maybe outside of it too.

Anyways. We had our second Con type gig at Tracon 8 night/afterparty in mid-September. The first one was at HypeCon this summer. Previously we have played mainly at youth centers, though our first one was in a bar which was weird. I'll have to says this was the best gig to date competing with the one at Gloria last year when we got to open for Plunklock. Tracon had the best audience and the atmosphere was just right. We even got to sign some autographs which was new to me. And hugged a ton of people. I think we'll be doing more Cons in the future! Maybe very soon in the future ;)

Doku and Nova went ahead to enjoy the convention on friday, so I had a road trip there with Roku and Hypo. Below is a little sample of what KARMIA is like in a very small closed space moving towards Tampere at 120~ km/h.

We arrived a few hours before the show and got to do an interview with JaME Finland right away. Our soundcheck took so long we didn't have any time left between that and our gig. We literally had to hide behind some curtains when they opened the doors as soon as the soundchek was done.

Of course I took my guitar amp head to be repaired a few days before the gig and didn't get it back in time. I only had half a year to get it done so what do you expect. So I had to use Doku's guitar amp I wasn't familiar with, but surprisingly it sounded pretty good with Boss ME-2 distortion pedal.



After the gig we got to pack our stuff engulfed in techno music and party people. Doku and Nova went to see Overworld at the other party for people over 18, though our roadie moment overlapped with their gig.

We'll be going to studio next time in October to record one or two new songs so I'll be writing about that or maybe a photoshoot next.


Thanks for the live pics to Ronja Vähätiitto! We'll be updating some photos to Facebook as soon as we get some more from another photographer.






Comments

Popular Posts